The Museum of Edinburgh is a series of interconnected 16th and 17th century buildings situated on the Royal Mile in the heart of Edinburgh Old Town. It is home to important collections relating to the history of Edinburgh, from prehistoric times to present day. Formerly known as Huntly House, the museum is packed with artefacts that illustrate the development of the city including the original plans for Edinburgh's New Town drawn by architect James Craig. One of the museum's great treasures is the National Covenant, signed by Scotland's presbyterian leadership in 1638, while the collections of Scottish pottery and items relating to Field Marshal Earl Haig are of national importance.
Opening Times: All Year: mon - sat: 1000-1700; During Edinburgh Festival: sun: 1400-1700